National Front Thwarted in Wellington
Forty Wellington Left activists organised a counter-demo to the National Front’s demonstration against China.
The demo involved activists holding signs which said ‘The National Front is a Joke!” while singing and dancing to the Dad’s Army theme song which starts “Who do you think you are fooling Mr Hitler?”
Kyle Chapman looked exasperated and frustrated by the ridicule his group got from the public and activists, and the lack of media attention. He
was heard saying that he had rung every media outlet, and none had turned up.
“The National Front is a joke, but still a dangerous one”, said co-organiser John Vincent. “Kyle Chapman is well-known for burning down marae in the South Island, and some members have been involved in acts of violence against people they believe to be immigrants”.
He continued, “The politics of the National Front are entirely based on hate, they were outside the Chinese Embassy because of their hatred of people who aren’t European, not because of the China/NZ Free Trade Agreement.”
Wellington Activists Against Racism
1 Wellington Activist has a shouting match with Kerry Bolton's partner (well-known Fascist)
2. Poster from demonstration
3. 'You don't love me like you used to...'
4. Kyle Chapman looks confused - leader of the National Front
5. Kerry Bolton looks shifty - secretary of the National Front
6. Wellington Activist debates with National Front skinheads
7. Wellington Activist has a clear message for the National Front
8. Wellington Activist observes the National Front from her deckchair